About the author

Related

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

Comments

• Britt Michaelian February 3, 2012 at 10:49 am

Wow, you couldn’t have picked a more perfect person to share her Twitter experience and advice than @AnnTran_! And Ann, you couldn’t have written a more perfect post!

I remember the first time that Ann RT’d me! I was giddy with excitement that she was paying attention. And just as Ann said, I remember when someone posted something similar about their joy at being RT’d by me. It is a wonderful cycle to be able to give back and listen and help others feel good and inspired. Great tips for Twitter. It’s my preferred network as well!

• 24Notion Editor February 3, 2012 at 11:03 am

Thanks so much for the note! we are so excited to feature Ann as well.

@MsSonicFlare

• Tony Hastings February 3, 2012 at 11:43 am

I’m delighted you have featured Ann as she is one of the most genuine people who I’ve connected with in the social media world.

Always positive and interesting and able to find time to interact with others despite the demands of an ever growing army of admirers. Modest too as she hardly mentions her own excellent blog!

Thank you Ivo for inviting Ann and congratulations to you both for an excellent interview :-)

• Ivo Lukas February 3, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Appreciate the note, tony! She is definitely a rock star in the SoMe world. More to come… stay tuned

@MsSonicFlare

• Kathy Meyer February 3, 2012 at 11:55 am

Ann Tran personifies what social media is all about…personable, giving, inspirational and supportive! I remember when I first connected with her, being surprised how down-to-earth she was despite having a huge following. It’s so nice to see Ann being featured in this “Who’s who”! She’s a wealth of information, a savvy lady and someone I’m so glad to have met on Twitter!

• Marilyn Terrell February 3, 2012 at 12:07 pm

I think it’s hard for people who don’t tweet to understand what makes Twitter exciting and satisfying, but I think Ann captures it accurately. And she is just as generous in person as she is on line, which is why it’s fun tweeting with her.

• AnnTran_ February 3, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Hi Ivo,

Thank you again for featuring me on 24Notion. I look forward to collaborating on future projects with you this year. I am glad we met via @2morrowknight ! Because of his awesomeness, I got to meet another wonderful individual, @MsSonicFlare from the Passionistas piece!

This is what social media is all about: Collaborating and integrating the power of give and take in social media.

❤ Ann

• Ivo Lukas February 3, 2012 at 1:05 pm

The pleasure is all mine, Ann. Likewise! more collaborations on the work. Cheers to an amazing 2012 together :) yes, sean is awesome. he is too a rock star!

xo
      Ivo Lukas
      @MsSonicFlare

• Jessica Northey February 3, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Way to go Ivo!! I been trying to score an eView with Ann for over a year 😉
    Great job and Ann I love the honesty and love that shines through your stream as much on this post as it does on your Twitter stream 24/7.
    Great job to you both! xo

• Ivo Lukas February 3, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Thx so much for the love, jessica!

• Shilpi February 3, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Great post! Ann tran is an amazing person as well as a great social media star. When I came across her Twitter profile, I just couldn’t stop myself sharing her quotes. Her tweets have always inspired me. And when she RTed my tweets, my joy knew no bounds. I’m glad we’re friends now. Ann, you rock! Very well deserved. :)

• Judy (LUKIKA) February 3, 2012 at 6:02 pm

I began following Ann about a year and a half ago, thru a mutual twitter friend. Her stream was full of great quotes and links to beautiful photos and fascinating places. I started retweeting them before I actually knew what a RT was. The next thing I know I get a DM from her with the words “I love your enthusiasm”. I had maybe 10 followers at the time. She had well over 30,000 followers and yet she took the time to express her appreciation. It has been a pleasure to get to know Ann over the past year and a half and to see her get the recognition she deserves for all that she gives to the social media community, thru her posts, twitter stream, support of charities, etc…

• 2morrowKnight February 3, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Congrats Ann! It’s always great to see someone shine after years of hard work. I remember the first time I RT-ed you. You were as gracious then as you are now.

You are a giver, a “sharer”, an engager, and so much more. That goes a long way. Not just in the social space, but in life. Continued success…onward and upward!

~2K